[KRAFTWERK] Kraftwerk showing Devo?

Ivo Peeters ivo6 at skynet.be
Mon Jun 28 22:03:07 CEST 2004

Maybe plans existed but were never realised since AFAIK Kraftwerk did not
tour in 1978 or in 1979.

Ivo

I came across this interview of Mark Mothersbaugh talking about the
production of Devo's first album at Conny's Studio in Germany. Can anyone
shed any light on the following statement?

Talking about Kraftwerk:

DAN: How did they perceive you?
MARK: Well, while we were in Germany, I got a call from the band Kraftwerk,
and they said, “We’re gonna go on our first tour, and we would like to play
your...” We only had one film at the time. We had this film called, Truth
About Deevolution.
DAN: Oh yeah, I’ve seen it.
MARK: They go, “We wanna play your film in front of our show on our first
tour.” And we said, okay. So, in 1978, in the spring of ’78, when they went
out and toured, they took the DEVO movie as their opening act.