[KRAFTWERK] CCCD

Soleil Lapierre lapierrs at cuug.ab.ca
Sun Jun 5 19:47:53 CEST 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Tomasz K wrote:

> Is there any way to force record companies to resign from that stupid
> policy? The only people who suffer are their customers purchasing originals
> (pirates don't care about that copy-protections at all).

Currently the only way I know of is to speak with your wallet as you're
doing. Writing letters to them might have some impact but I doubt it. Give
them time and they'll wise up.

Actually, now that I think of it, writing a letter might be a good idea.
Since the copy protection corresponds to regions in this case, they might
mistake a lack of sales on the protected version for a lack of regional
interest. A few letters saying people are buying from another region
because of the copy protection might make them more aware.

--
/* Soleil */