[KRAFTWERK] I Was A Robot - is it any good?

Leonard R. Cleavelin leonard at cleavelin.net
Mon Aug 27 22:28:03 CEST 2007

At 01:34 PM 8/27/2007, Best Photo wrote:
>It's a good book. It's about Kraftwerk, and drum pads and Wolfy's sex life.

And about which (the book, that is), Alexis
Petridis still has the best comment ever made:

>I think of Wolfgang Flür's memoir, I Was A
>Robot. Less an autobiography than an extended
>treatise on Flür's virility, I Was A Robot
>paints Kraftwerk not as emotionless
>"man-machines", but shameless groupie hounds.
>Perhaps Düsseldorf is filled with evidence of
>their youthful indiscretions, populated by
>children who bear a startling resemblance to
>members of Kraftwerk. In the case of Schneider,
>who the late rock critic Lester Bangs once
>described as looking like a man who could push a
>button and blow up half the world without
>blinking, this is a disturbing thought indeed.

 From "Desperately Seeking Kraftwerk",
<http://arts.guardian.co.uk/fridayreview/story/0,,1004937,00.html>,
July 25, 2003.

Cheers,

LRC

--
  There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and
  UNIX.  We don't believe this to be a coincidence.