[KRAFTWERK] EMI Permission

Loedown zero242 at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 27 10:37:39 CEST 2008

> Ok, I know this idea sounds dumb and it wouldn't make a difference.
>
> Anyways, here it goes.
>

> Should we send EMI a petition to release The Catalogue?
>
> - Josh

Yes, it's a dumb idea.

The reason The Catalog has not been released is that it isn't perfect,
there's mastering errors, probably in the down conversion from 96KHz 24 bit
to 44.1 KHz 16 bit for the eventual release on CD. If you're not sure, have
a really close listen to It's More Fun To Compute and one of the tracks off
The Mix, both with clearly audible pops / glitches.

Better to stop whining about it and do what the rest of us that couldn't get
our grubby little hands on a box did, obtain it by other means.

Paul